5 CBD Products to Help You Fall Asleep More Easily
Individuals have been using cannabis for its potential health benefits for a very long time. These days, individuals continue to use cannabis to help them fall and stay asleep, especially its cannabidiol (CBD) cannabinoid.
CBD is a compound found in hemp, and cannabis, that doesn’t make you high. It’s gained popularity recently due to its potential of treating a number of health issues like anxiety, pain, and sleep.
Basically, CBD could help you fall and stay asleep due to its ability to calm your nervous system. CBD could prevent the breakdown of your brain’s chemical neurotransmitter that affects your emotional state, mental function, and pain. This allows more of the sleep-promoting compound to flow through your bloodstream, causing you to fall asleep.
Previous research showed 160 mg of CBD improved insomnia symptoms more effectively than a placebo. And, researchers concluded in a 2017 review that evidence suggests CBD provides therapeutic potential in individuals with sleep disorders.
You can take CBD in several ways. Probably, the most popular form is oil; however, there are a variety of forms. Below are five CBD and sleep products to help you fall asleep more easily.
- CBD Oil Drops
Since CBD oil is typically extracted from the hemp plant, it’s often referred to as CBD hemp oil. CBD oil drops are a convenient and quick way of ingesting CBD. They’re a sublingual product that comes in various flavors. You can incorporate high-grade CBD oil drops into your food, or take them orally by mouth.
With sublingual absorption, you’re going to experience the effects quicker than you would a pill. There’s no set dose of CBD oil drops to take. However, several things could impact the amount you need, including the product you’re using, your personal biology, and more. So, you’ll need to experiment with CBD oil drops until you find the right dose for you.
Benefits of CBD Oil Drops
A few health benefits of CBD oil drops are:
- Relieves pain: Individuals have been using cannabis for treating pain as far back as 2900 B.C. Today, scientists have found specific components of cannabis, including CBD, produce pain-relieving effects.
- Relieves Anxiety and Depression: CBD oil drops show promise as a treatment for anxiety and depression. In a study, 24 participants with social anxiety disorder were given either a placebo or 600 mg of CBD before a public speaking test. Those who were given the CBD has substantially less anxiety, discomfort and cognitive impairment in their speech performance than those in the placebo group.
- Non-addictive:CBD isn’t addictive, therefore maintaining the same dose is perfectly fine. In fact, it works better when you use more of it. Your body doesn’t build up a tolerance to CBD.
When shopping for CBD oil drops, make sure you choose a quality product. Not all CBD oil products are made the same.
- Pillow Mist
Pillow mist is a newer CBD product boasting a potent, plant-powered ingredient blend to help improve your quality of sleep and energy levels, while reducing stress, anxiety, and physical pain. One example of a pillow mist product combines soothing lavender, vetiver grass, and Roman chamomile with CBD that’s grown organically from the hemp plant. Pillow mist comes in a slim spritzer bottle. You simply spritz your pillow with the mist a few times before you go to sleep.
Those who use pillow mist claim they have seen an improvement in their sleep quality, along with other areas of their lives because of elevated energy and mood. They also noticed greater productivity, concentration, and ability to stay awake in the daytime.
Benefits Of Using A Pillow Mist
Some benefits of pillow mist are:
- Great smell: The scent is relaxing to the mind, elevating your mood.
- Simple to use: One or two sprays onto your pillow is all it takes.
- No taste: Since some individuals don’t like how CBD tastes, you can still get the compound into your body without having to put a few drops under your tongue.
- No groggy effects: Pillow mist doesn’t leave you groggy the next morning.
- CBD Sleep Cocktail
Here’s a recipe you can mix into a simple, but tasty juice cocktail. It contains ingredients historically known to promote sleep: melatonin and valerian root.
- Tart cherry juice (1 cup)
- White grape juice (1 cup)
- Preferred dose of CBD oil
- 1/2 dropper valerian root tincture
Blend all the ingredients well, and drink up before bedtime.
Benefits of the CBD Sleep Cocktail
Previous research shows CBD is useful for treating numerous conditions, including:
- Chronic pain
- Some seizure disorders
All of these things can interfere with sleep.
- Sleep Spray
CBD sleep spray could help tackle your symptoms of insomnia. You deserve a restful night’s sleep. Don’t let environmental factors or high stress levels keep you from obtaining the best sleep possible. CBD sleep sprays will help you restore those levels, and quickly fall and stay asleep.
Benefits of CBD Sleep Sprays
Some benefits you may experience are:
- CBD extraction from only high-quality hemp
- Contains nutrients known for helping with healthy sleep
- Made with all-natural ingredients
- Spray bottle ensures quicker results
- Lab tested for purity which ensures only the highest quality
- Perfect for those with sleep difficulties
- CBD-Infused Pillow
A CBD-infused pillow is a great way of finally getting that restorative sleep your body requires, but without any psychoactive effects like you’d experience with THC. Instead of spraying a mist onto your pillow like with pillow mists or CBD sprays, the CBD-infused pillows already contain CBD. You just lie your head on your pillow, and go to sleep like you normally would. Along with sleep-promoting qualities, CBD-infused pillows provide other benefits.
Benefits of a CBD-Infused Pillow
- Promote relaxation and calm
- Relieve stress
- Reduce pain
- Reduce anxiety
- Obtain more rejuvenated sleep
This isn’t medical advice. Research on CBD is still limited, and much is still unknown. So, it’s important you talk with your doctor before you start using CBD. Also, this isn’t legal advice. CBD, that’s derived from the hemp plant, tends to be easier to find, which is this guide’s focus, but keep in mind, there remains a lot of legal uncertainty.
Experience Better Sleep and Other Benefits of a CBD-Infused Pillow
Whether you’re using CBD products for sleep, pain, stress, or anxiety, you can feel confident it’s safe and effective, providing your body with many benefits. You can ease any or all of these symptoms as you’re lying in bed with your new CBD-infused pillow. Try your own CBD-infused pillow, and experience the benefits yourself.
Are there any CBD products that might help with a medical condition that you have? Find out what CBD products are available, and the merits of each.