Cbd oil for cats amazon
Posted by Wellapet on Jul 19th 2020
You’ll find a lot of options for CBD oil for cats on Amazon, but a lot of these products do not contain CBD. The key issue is that CBD is popular, so a lot of companies put the ingredient in their product name even if it doesn’t contain CBD.
Amazon’s Ban on CBD Products
Amazon has a strict policy against the sale of CBD. The ban on CBD has led a lot of sellers to find ways to circumvent the policy or even take the ingredient off of their labels. The Washington Post conducted its own investigation into the matter to uncover whether the ingredient was still being sold on Amazon.
The reporters found that out of 13 products, 11 of them contained CBD, but kept the ingredient off of their labels.
Keeping the ingredient off of the list of ingredients allows sellers to circumvent Amazon’s restrictions. But there are some major issues with this practice, especially when buying CBD oil for cats or any animal.
- Since the ingredient is not listed on the label, you can’t be sure how much CBD you’re actually giving your pet. You may be administering too little or too much to your pet, and this is not a good idea if you have a smaller cat that may not be able to handle high dosages.
- You may find a product that works well for your cat, but Amazon can ban the seller at any time for breaking the company’s terms of service.
- Scammers can say that their product includes CBD, but since they won’t list it in their ingredients, they can be selling you anything.
You have to be cautious when trying to buy CBD for cats on Amazon. Since the ingredient is prohibited on Amazon, you can never be 100% sure you’re receiving cannabidiol.
What Amazon’s CBD Cat Treats Really Contain
When you do a quick search on Amazon, you’ll find over 300 results for CBD cat treats. But since you can’t legitimately sell CBD products on the marketplace, it’s very interesting when you browse through all of the products available.
The results that are shown mention hemp oil, but they do not mention CBD.
A quick look through each product reveals that they are marketed as:
- Pain relievers
- Arthritis relievers
- Inflammation relievers
- Anxiety relievers
The current bestselling product mentions that this product can be used for both cats and dogs. The product also mentions that this oil is 100% organic. When you read through the product’s questions, you’ll find that while hemp oil is used, the oil is not used for CBD properties.
Instead, the hemp is used to provide omega fatty acids, including Omega 3, 6 and 9, which comes from hemp seeds rather than from the oil itself.
You can be tricked into purchasing a “hemp” product that may portray the product as one containing CBD when it does not.
Since the manufacturer doesn’t mention CBD in their ingredient list, you will have no recourse if you want to return the product for false advertisement. While the product may contain CBD, you would never know without having the product tested by a lab.
You will also not know the quantity of the CBD if it does exist.
If you do order any of these products off of Amazon, you’re putting your animal at risk because you don’t know what you’re feeding them.
There’s also no guarantee that the product you find will be available over the long-term because they’re selling outside of Amazon’s guidelines if CBD is hidden in the product.
Purchasing True CBD Cat Treats
Wellapet offers salmon flavored cat treats that can be used to treat a variety of conditions, including:
- Arthritis or other joint-related conditions
You may also find that CBD can help assist with allowing for faster post-op recovery. The main active ingredient is CBD, but you will find other tasty, inactive ingredients, including salmon and salmon oil, to make the treats taste good to your cat.
When treats are tasty, it’s much easier to get your cat to eat them.
If you’ve ever tried holding a cat’s mouth open to put medicine or oil in their mouth, you know how difficult it can be. Cats are stubborn. They squirm, and getting swatted by their sharp claws is painful.
Our treats taste good and are picky-eater approved so that you never have to fight with your cat again.
Each treat contains CBD derived from USDA organic hemp. All of our treats have been third-party lab tested, and these all-natural treats contain 2 mg of CBD in each treat.
We recommend feeding one treat per 4lbs. of your cat’s weight every four to eight hours. With a minimum of 30% crude protein, you can be confident that each treat is a healthy protein-filled option.
What to Look for in Your CBD Oil or Treats for Cats
You know that it’s risky to buy CBD oil for cats on Amazon, so what should you look for when you do find true CBD products? A few of the main things we recommend that you look for in CBD products are:
- Third-party testing. When a third-party conducts testing, you can be sure that the product you receive contains certain ingredients. Without proper testing, you can never be sure that the product you purchase has the ingredients listed on the label.
- Fillers. Most products have fillers of some kind, but these fillers should be primarily for dietary needs and for taste. Cats can be picky eaters, and flavoring will increase the chances of your cat eating their treats.
- Protein. Cats require protein in their diet, and treats with 30% protein or more are ideal. These treats will contribute less to weight gain. Proteins will be found in treats rather than oils.
- Dosage. What is the dosage in each treat or in a certain volume of CBD oil? How many servings will you receive?
When you give CBD oils or treats for your cat, you’ll notice the true benefits of the treats cumulatively as your cat consistently uses them.
Many pet owners look for CBD oil for cats on Amazon, but is it a good idea? Find out why it’s better to buy from an independent retailer to ensure purity.